Media and Obama: The Orlando massacre was all the fault of the National Rifle Association
My latest blog post for the Independent Women’s Forum:
Mateen: Pay no attention to his ISIS allegiance.
Here’s a list of links provided by Instapundit blogger Ed Driscoll:
- Tom Brokaw: ‘In this County,’ ‘Everything Seems to Get Settled by a Gun.’
- ABC Blames Orlando Terror on Election Rhetoric and Guns in America
- AP Calls Orlando Terrorist Massacre ‘Just the Latest Mass Shooting’
- Media Matters: “The NRA made anti-LGBT attacks during their annual meeting just weeks ago.”
- Yahoo: “Bernie Sanders Just Nailed the Real Culprit Behind the Mass Shooting in Orlando…Sanders explained to Chuck Todd on NBC’s Meet the Press Sunday, the real culprit, according to Sanders, is gun control — or more precisely, lack thereof.”
- Kansas City Star Editorial Writer Yael T. Abouhalkah: “Dear God: Today I am so sickened by the evilness of the NRA and gun industry. May their leaders be plunged into ever-lasting hell. Amen.”
- Jeffrey Goldberg: “Obama cautious on motive of shooter because caution is required until the investigation advances.”
Well, Jeffrey, the “investigation” has “advanced.” Here are some of the results, as reported by TMZ:
There are now reports Omar Mateen called 911 and pledged his allegiance to ISIS before carrying out the deadly shooting. He also mentioned the Boston Marathon bombing.
ISIS is taking credit for the attack, saying, ‘a soldier of the Islamic State has carried out the attack.’
“Mateen first came to the attention of the FBI in 2013, said Central Florida Special Agent in Charge Ron Hopper.
“After Mateen made inflammatory remarks to co-workers and claimed to have terrorist ties, agents interviewed him and other witnesses, then closed the file after determining that he had broken no laws.
“He came to the FBI’s attention again the following year after he made contact with an American who later died in a suicide bombing in Syria, officials said. The agency closed that investigation, concluding that the contact was minimal.”
Nice work, FBI!
Posted by Charlotte Allen